9 May 2013

Outfit of the day & a new car

Army jacket and maxi skirt outfit of the day




Jacket: Fashion Union, Jumper, Skirt and Shoes: New Look, Socks: Topshop

It's been far too long since my last post, I've missed blogging but I've been so busy and I'm tired all of the time lately. I am however full of motivation now and I really am back, and for good! You can't get rid of me that easily. 

I took these pictures 2 weeks ago (see I didn't forget about you!), but wasn't really sure I liked them so didn't post them, however I want to start being a lot less critical of myself and my outfits. I think that's part of the reason I haven't been blogging, I just don't feel like I've looked good enough to take pictures and blog lately. 

Since I last blogged I bought myself a car, I got a Citroen c3 in a lovely light blue and I love it! It’s the perfect little car for me. It’s used (I'm not made of money) but it’s now mine and I'm glad to finally have a car, although I hate driving it. I'm not a confident driver and I had a horrible panic attack at the thought of driving today. This morning I was full of confidence and decided I’d drive to work, it was the first time driving in the car on my own so I was nervous. It was rush hour and I had to drive on the Dual carriageway but it wasn't too bad and I made it in one piece. However being the anxious person I am I managed to convince myself that I couldn't drive home after work and that I was going to stall in the middle of the road and not be able to start the car again. I had a horrible panic attack and was stuck at work for half an hour after I finished because I couldn't bring myself to leave and drive home. Eventually I jumped into the car and the journey was fine, I don't know why I was being so silly!

Does anyone have any advice for a new driver?

On a side note who's watched Iron Man yet? I watched it on Monday and absolutely loved it! 


7 comments:

  1. It's definitely not easy being a new driver, and I can think of a couple of suggestions. For one thing, if there's a route you're particularly anxious to have to drive, why not go on a test run with a friend of family member first? Their presence should make you feel more secure (pick someone calm haha) which will create a better feeling about the trip overall. Another thing is just to minimize distractions in general. If you can be a focused driver, you can be a good driver :)
    And I like this outfit, especially the coat!
    Oh, and I saw Iron Man and also really enjoyed it :)
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice runs are definitely key for new drivers. Having someone of experience can be a help or a hindrance depending on who it is. Try to go at a quieter time of day at first. I turn my radio off ans shush people when I'm somewhere new or unfamiliar cuz I need complete silence. I've been driving for nearly 7 years but had an accident 14 months ago but I'm slowly and surely getting my confidence back. You'll get there =)
    Love the shoes! They are amazing!
    And Iron Man 3 was the best 1 yet! I went to our local VIP screen and really enjoyed the show.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look, especially the shoes!xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving those shoes x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit, I'm loving the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice casual look;)X



    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete