Istanbul was full of some amazing street art (the perfect backdrop for an outfit picture) and plenty of shops to explore. My favorite's the vintage book shops, I couldn't read a word of Turkish but you can't beat the smell of an old book!
If you ever visit Istanbul you have to try the Turkish Delight- i ate my weight in Turkish Delight. There's so many different flavors it would be rude not to try them all!
Top five free things to do in Istanbul:
- Visit the Grand Bazaar- with over 4,000 shops the Grand Bazaar is a great shopping destination in Istanbul. Even if you don't want to spend any money it's worth visiting the Grand Bazaar just to absorb the culture.
- Stroll down Taksim Square- a great place to people spot and explore.
- Cross the Galata Bridge on foot- with hundreds of fishermen and a view of Istanbul's skyline the Galata Bridge in the perfect place for a view.
- See the famous dancing dervishes- one of the most traditional cultural performances in Turkey!
- Istanbul’s Spice Bazaar- similar to the Grand Bazaar but a lot more peaceful if the hustle and bustle of the Grand Bazaar is too much for you!